Tuesday, January 13, 2009

damnit.














Ever since Oklahoma lost in the BCS Championship last Thursday, there's been a strange vibe around the house. Yesterday evening they seemed to have pretty much gotten over the loss. So, now that we're back to normal I thought I'd take this time to start this.

Jeff and Everette flew to Miami last week to go to the BCS National Championship game between Oklahoma and Florida. Luckily, Daniel stayed here with me so I wasn't alone all weekend. Although, Daniel was so wrecked by the end of the football game that I, honestly took him for a walk to the beach. He was very insistent about running through the sand which was fun for awhile, but come on, dude. Take American Gladiators, put it on the beach at night, then splice that with an episode of Bum Fights and that's pretty much what I was looking at.

The guys are over the Oklahoma loss, but not completely. Whatever disappointment and anger they felt is still lingering and they're taking it out on me. Take this couch. (I'll insert the picture tomorrow.) Since Moment A, there has been no problem with the fact that I like to nap there and, sometimes, sleep there for the evening. First few months, quite honestly, I think it was the highlight of their day to see me on that thing. Now, all of the sudden, I'm trashing the couch and I need to stay off it.

So, I'm a bit confused by this, but, hey, I'm chill so I let it slide off my back. I decide to start focusing my rest time to a chair by the computer in the front entryway. It's a bit small but it's a comfortable chair nonetheless. This is an important time to mention that the total amount of sit time that this chair has logged in this house is under forty-five minutes, folks. This thing is collecting dust. No problem, right? Of course not. How could I forget, their team lost last weekend so that's somehow my cross to bear. So, I'm kicked off of another piece of furniture. Thanks, guys. I appreciate the courtesy.

"It's only two pieces of furniture," you say. Well, my friend, this is where the last chapter is read. It's ALL of the furniture. Every piece. "It can't be all of the furniture. You're overreacting," you say. Well, how would you react if you found coffee tables, laundry baskets, and trash cans strategically placed on each piece of furniture to prevent me from getting on one of them? Not too subtle are they?

I blame it on the holiday break. This is really their first week when they're getting their normal routine back in order. Hopefully, they can loosen the reins a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment